The banner itself is simply a home-made transfer. However, once I applied it, some of the damned ink began to seep (especially all that red). So, in order to save it I had to go over the green parts with paint. I also had to repaint all the white as it looked pink! That involved doing the fiddly wings and white border and I was very impressed that I managed to stay in the lines, they are bloody thin.
I've also tried to take down some of the shine with a coat of purity seal - its improved but still not as matt as I'd like. Honestly the banner is not quite as good as I'd hoped it might be, but I'm still very pleased with it. Although its a bit of a cheat, its far better than I could of done freehand! And I'm almost glad the ink ran - the fact that I had to touch up areas means at least I've painted some it :P
So I'm now happy to give you all a complete, up to date shot of everything I have completed: Thats 1750pts of DA. It's taken me about 9 months to do this lot! Theres only 1250pts left to do, almost there...
I'll leave you with a better photo of my Interrogator Chaplain (as I really wasn't happy with the previous pics) & the first completed D'Wing of my 3rd Squad.
Thanks for reading!
(Larger pics can be found here)