Wednesday 25 June 2008

Deathwing: Lion El'Jonson's Chosen

Well, lets get the ball rolling...

These are the first two completed models in my newest project, a Deathwing force for the upcoming 5th Edition of 40k. I'll expand on my plans for this army later, but here are some pictures for now:




Though far from great quality I would consider them 'table-top' worth. I have been really pleased with the way they have worked out, given my painting history. The tutorial I have been following suggested a layer of highlighting on top of this, however I've got to admit I've never been a fan of that method, despite its popularity. I just don't like the way it looks more 'untidy' up close. I may try it eventually, but I want to get more of the Deathwing done before that - these two models have taken the best part of a week, believe it or not.

Comments & criticism from the floor are welcome, though be gentle - you will see worse when I start showing some of my past efforts!



2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

From the pictures here, they look pretty good so far.

Deathwing can be tough to paint and I think it takes developing your own style ultimately. There are lots of ways out there to get the same result, you just have to find the one you like best.

Keep up the good work, I'm interested in seeing the rest of the force. You've got a tough road ahead of you with Deathwing in 5ED.

sovietspace said...

Hey Ron, thanks for your comments - especially considering I have been following your Lustwing blog for some time. It has been a useful lesson in some of the tactics I will eventually be using.

I'll do a post shortly on how I have done my Deathwing. It did take me a while to hit on a style I liked. The one I discovered is horribly time consuming, but I think the results are worth it! Still, it will be a long while before I see any play with these guys...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin