Friday 27 June 2008

Saim-Hann: 1500pts Balanced List

Here is the Saim-Hann list that I have been building. I use this as a balanced and semi-competitive force. It's got some really hard hitting elements such as the Dragons in the sooped-up Falcon, but also some more fluffy elements such as the 7 man jetbike squad - which is perhaps tactically questionable but just looks good! I think this stops the list from being accused of normal mech Eldar cheese, anybody agree?

The red notations indicate the current progress on each unit.


HQ
Farseer - Built/Converted
Jetbike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Mind War, Doom & Fortune
193



ELITES
Fire Dragons - Work In Progress
5 Dragons
1 Exarch – Dragon’s Breath Flamer
108



TROOPS
Guardian Jetbike Squadron 1 - Done, bar Warlock
6 Jetbikes; 2 Shuriken Cannons
1 Warlock on Jetbike (Embolden Singing Spear)
205


Guardian Jetbike Squadron 2 - Done
3 Jetbikes; 1 Shuriken Cannon
1 Warlock on Jetbike (Embolden)
129


Dire Avengers - Done
9 Dire Avengers
1 ExarchDiresword and Shuriken Pistol (Bladestorm)
157


Wave Serpent - Done
Twin-Linked Bright Lances, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones
155



FAST ATTACK
Vyper - Done
2 Shuriken Cannons
60


Vyper - W.I.P
2 Shuriken Cannons
60


Shining Spears - W.I.P.
4 Shining Spears
1 Exarch – Star Lance (Withdraw)
227



HEAVY SUPPORT
Flacon - Done
Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Field, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines
205


Total:
1499


I've notched up 5 wins and 3 losses with this list which I think is pretty respectable. I'm trying to get as much play as possible out of them now, because as you may have noticed, 5th ed. will not be kind to my guys. I'm sure I'll get into that in another post, as well as some tactical hints & tricks that I have picked up for this army.

A quick tribute must be paid to the fantastic blog The Way of the Saim-Hann which has been a great inspiration and aid to me throughout this project. Well worth a visit!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin