Friday 30 April 2010

Fortress of Redemption: Finished!

Hello guys, I pleased to say I've finally finished the awesome Fortress of Redemption kit. Well, mostly. As the alert amongst you will notice, the lascannon battery is absent. Unfortunately my desire to see the fortress put in my local GW's cabinet saw me cutting some corners! Still, here she is:





Sorry for the flash on some of the photos, kinda wiped out some of the detail. Still I'm really pleased with how its turned out. It takes an awful lot of effort to get a model of this scale done, I think I've put in about 15/20hrs into this thing. I've not tried to do much special, otherwise I would have been painting forever!


The Missile Silo is a great piece of detail, and the cover has either the Dark Angels logo or an Aquila on the reverse. Mine is more bleached bone that white, but again the flash has done is mischief!


I painted the rockets in a straightforward way, but hopefully they look nice and effective! Below are some details of the tower and door and such.



The tower Angels were really simply done. Dheneb Stone base coat, followed by a heavy Bleached Bone drybrush. Next I added a ton of Gryphonne Sepia wash, and finally another Bleached Bone drybrush. Job done!


The bastions have got some great detail on them, and are really fun to paint. The statue insets are taller than a marine!


Finally a picture of some heroic marines manning the defences. This is what its all about, some great models on lovely terrain. Makes all the effort worthwhile!


So guys, please let me know what you think! Any comments and criticisms are welcome...

9 comments:

Dan Eldredge said...

Great job. The Tower Angels look great and really make the tower stand out. I also like the rockets--very cool.

Will said...

I really like the green deckplate on top. It ties well into the Dark Angels theme.

MIK said...

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find any criticisms on this one, you've done an amazing job. The tower angels really make it stand out, and your attention to detail on everything else is above and beyond.

sonsoftaurus said...

Great job! I agree that the tower angels are great, and that the green plating was a good choice. I would have probably just made it the same as the walls, but the contrast helps make the whole thing pop.

Ben said...

Love the white stone angels. Very nice!

Kuffeh said...

That looks awesome dude. A great terrain piece! I really like the angel icons, they don't look too clean or dirty. Just right in my opinion.

Mordian7th said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Fantastic job all around, I really like the contrasting colors that you've used. I really need to finish off my FoR, I've taken a couple runs at it and just can't seem to bring myself to complete it. You've inspired me to have another go - keep up the great work!

President Evil said...

Cracking job. I agree with everyone else. That tower looks perfect!

sovietspace said...

Wow, thanks guys, I'm really chuffed everybody likes it. It's had positive feedback at the GW too :)

Mordian7th - Well mate, you've seen it can be done now, jump to it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin